Make Your School Smarter with Building Management Systems
Everyone knows that going to school makes an individual smarter, but have you ever thought that a school building could actually become smarter? With new building management systems from ACS, more and more schools are using building automation to create efficient and sustainable environments for their students, faculty and staff.
What is a Building Management System?
A building management system, also known as a building automation system, utilizes computers to monitor and control the mechanical and electrical systems within a building. This building automation system can include ventilation control, fire alarm systems, lighting control, and security. In today’s energy-conscious world, a building management system can effectively control up to 70% of any building’s energy usage. In the long run, building automation can save you a significant amount of time and money.
What Areas of the School Can Use a Building Management System?
A few specific examples where building automation systems can be implemented include:
• Electrical power
• Control of lighting
• Heating and air-conditioning
• Proper ventilation
• Security systems as well as Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV)
• Motion detectors
• Fire alarms
• PA systems
• Accessibility control
Schools Can Work Smarter, Not Harder!
There are several benefits to installing a building automation system in your school building. Consider these advantages:
• Positive monitoring of energy usage such as lighting control.
• Comfortable room conditions with ventilation monitoring.
• Better productivity from students, faculty and staff due to a pleasant environment.
• Visible savings on routine maintenance costs and repairs.
• Quicker response time to heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) issues.
• Responsible room bookings with computer-controlled lighting and heating only for rooms that are being used.
Building management systems are part of the solution to reducing the carbon output from school buildings. In addition, educating all users on the best way to help the building automation system work at its best will ensure that your building management system operates efficiently for years to come.
Call Us Today
ACS is proud to make schools and other buildings “smarter” through technology. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.